"- How I happened to become a writer."
Author interview with Thomas Halling (SE)
Are you curious about writing yourself? Do you want to inspire others in your surroundings to read? Come on an inspiring evening with author Thomas Halling!
When? Wednesday, October 9th, at 18-19.30
Where? Mariehamns City Library
The event is free and open to everyone, we offer coffee with Thomas's favorite pastry!
During the evening we will be accompanied on a trip in how Thomas happened to become a writer. The story is interspersed with discussions and tips on how to get started writing, realizing his author's dreams and finding his desire, his idea and expressing his imagination.
Elspeth Randelin, one of Åland's finest reading ambassadors, serves as moderator of the event. Reading and writing goes hand in hand in many ways, and this evening is also for those who would like inspiration on how to inspire themselves and others for more reading and writing.
About Thomas Halling
- Born in Helsingborg 1962. Resides in the middle of Lund. Father of four children. Teacher at middle school in Stockholm for fifteen years. Book debut in 1995, full-time author since 2000. Picture books, chapter books and short stories.
- Writes for anyone between 2 and 18, but usually for 6-13 year olds.
- Easy to read for rose hips, otherwise for Alphabeta.
- Want to get many people to read and write (and get it!).
- Thomas has been a member of the Swedish Children's Book Academy 2000-2009, and chair of 2006-2009.
- Read more about Thomas here.
The author interview is arranged in connection with a project where Thomas Halling visits grades 3-4 in schools in Jomala, Finström, Sund and Lemland. This project is realized as a collaboration between the municipal libraries in the above mentioned municipalities.